Since inventing the high-speed rotary tool more than 75 years ago, Dremel has become the trusted name in high-speed rotary tool technology, providing creative solutions for hands-on professionals, homeowners, craftspeople and artists alike.
Dremel decided to enter the mobile marketing arena with the launch of a mobile optimized website and “mobile tagging” campaign utilizing QR codes as an “in-store” interactive mechanism to drive sales. The user experience for the new mobile website needed to provide concise features, and easily navigable content designed to ensure users are always only a few clicks away from the information they need to help them make a Dremel purchase decision.
- Created a site targeted for mobile device browsers rather than building individualized apps
- Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 2. Utilized to home grow an intuitive CMS system
- Triton-Tek QR platform
- Campaigns and reports (w/export to Excel)
- Mobile optimized website eliminates the necessity for a brand to build multiple “apps” for iPhone or Droid, or Blackberry and Microsoft Windows phones
- Utilizing in-store mobile tags makes accessing that information even faster and easier for the consumer
- Uses 2d codes as a bridge between the brand and the consumer, giving direct access to product information that can influence purchasing and decision-making
- Dremel Mobile program now has in-store placement at Home Depot, Lowes, and Sears store across the United States
To view the new site, please visit http://m.dremel.com or http://www.dremel.com using your mobile device – the site will detect your device and automatically redirect you from the standard desktop site to the mobile site’s home page.
For information on Dremel products visit www.dremel.com.