TapeTech Internet Strategy
TapeTech is the largest manufacturer and distributer of new automatic taping and finishing tools for the drywall industry in North America. Since 1982, TapeTech has been part of the Ames Taping Tools family – best known for the Bazooka product.
TapeTech recognized the need to develop a strong Internet-based strategy to align with its overall business strategy and renew its brand.
An Internet strategy that utilized these key tools:
- Google AdWords – Keyword Analysis
- Google.com – Research
- Google Insights – Trends
- Google Page Speed
- Compete.com – Competitive Measures & Analysis
- Bureau of Labor Stats – website – Industry statistics
- Quick vision and clear picture of what the Internet could do for TapeTech’s business.
- Created TapeTech’s online strategy and the framework for its new website to help the company advance its go-to-market strategy.
- Estimated data on how big the online drywall tooling market is and how much of it could potentially be penetrated by Ames over a period of time.
- Size of the audience Ames was already reaching online and the activity performed on its current website as compared to its competitors.
- Established site performance measures and a strategy map to increase search engine traffic, site traffic and conversion.
- Recommended increase website traffic by 4 to 6x to accomplish the revenue goal set by the Executive team.
- Drywall tooling industry is a niche market and the market size does not lend itself to a dramatic increase in volume.
- Build an online channel for increased revenue with the proper investment.
To drive more traffic to the website, Triton-Tek proposed:
- Redesign of www.TapeTech.com for improved search functionality
- Build a clear path to purchasing with an online distribution channel stratgey
- Email marketing / Text programs
- Exposure through traditional brand marketing plans