Telezygology (TZ) Courier
TZ Packaged Asset Delivery, Inc. is a business unit of Telezygology, Inc., and provides state-of-the-art secure modular storage and enclosure systems with an integrated control network of intelligent locking devices that enables complete automation of parcel delivery.
To improve and streamline the process of mail distribution and exchange to employees, TZ created TZ Inbox now called TZ Courier™. With TZ Courier™, couriers can drop off packages and regular mail in a secure cabinet that tracks delivery and notifies employees for pick up by email or SMS. TZ built the hardware for the product, which included the secure cabinet and an embedded tablet computer, but the company needed a kiosk style touchscreen application to enable easy and secure mail delivery and pick up.
- Lightweight application that can simply be configured for each tablet computer in the cabinet
- Integrate with the TZ Bridge API to control the locks for each cabinet door.
- Designed a touch screen user interface that fits within the confines of a 7 inch screen, enabling the administrator or courier to easily use one finger to perform all necessary functions within the application.
- Included two methods of system setup, manual entry or importing, for the configuration of user details, the locks and cabinets and network settings.
- Included basic reporting and tracking of how many packages were delivered and picked up from that cabinet.
- Enabled TZ to go to a specific market with a complete product containing both hardware and software
- Allowed them to start demonstrating a working product at trade shows and to make sales
- Implemented it with Pitney Bowes and Safeway for corporate mail
- Rebranded it and offered it to the residential condo market (TZ Concierge)
- Opened doors for broader implementation